Does coconut already have a prominent place in your kitchen? I think coconut is a really versatile ingredient that you can use in many different ways. As grated, in chunks, oil or just as a refreshing drink. Below I tell you in which ways I use coconut and why it is so good for you.
Coconut gives dishes a delicious, sweet taste. You can also combine it with savory and spicy. The coconut is just very versatile and many people like it very much.
In addition to the versatility coconut is incredible healthy.
Here are the main reasons for eating coconut products…
- Coconut contains a lot vitamins and mineralssuch as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins B and C.
- Coconut has antiviral and antifungal properties.
- Coconut provides one better digestion and faster metabolism. This is because coconut contains a lot of good fiber.
- Coconut gives a boost to it immune system.
- It stimulates the functioning of the thyroid allowing toxins to be removed earlier
- Coconut contains almost no cholesterol and even has a good effect on cholesterol levels
- Coconut supports and regulates a healthy hormone productionincluding the rejuvenation hormone ‘pregnenolone’ (and we can never get enough of rejuvenation hormones, right?)
- It has a good effect on the blood sugar (that’s why coconut blossom sugar is better than regular white sugar)
Always choose extra virgin coconut oil (organic) for frying in coconut oil. This coconut oil is cold-pressed, so that the loss of vitamins is minimal. So do not use odorless, (partially) hydrogenated or refined coconut fat.
What else can you use coconut for?
- You can also use coconut oil to clean your teeth to rinse. It kills the bacteria, normalizes the acidity and even has a bleaching effect.
- Coconut water is a good and healthy sports drink to quickly replenish deficiencies in your body (instead of plain water).
- You can easily bake gluten-free cookies with coconut flour. Coconut flour contains relatively few carbohydrates.
- Fresh and clean coconut water can be used to clean wounds.
- Coconut oil seems to work well against bags under the eyes. We haven’t tried that yet.
- Coconut oil also works very well as erotic oil. The taste, smell and warmth of this oil give a sultry dimension.
- Coconut oil works very well against itching or irritated skin.
- Make your own facial mask with honey and coconut oil.
A few tips for eating or drinking coconut:
Please note: coconut oil contains more than half of saturated fats from lauric acid. That may have consequences for the heart, so be careful not to use too much coconut oil during meals. If you use it in moderation, it is only a very valuable food in a healthy diet.
Another critical point: Some coconut plantations cause forests to be cut down. During the cultivation of coconut, pesticides can therefore be used and a lot of water is needed. Therefore, choose at least organic coconut oil.
Together with Jenny I own Good food Healthy living. After my study period I mainly worked as an online analyst and made great career moves. But my real passion lies with healthy food and cooking! I have often worked with Jenny and I was often able to advise her on which food was right for her. We enjoyed exploring together. What exactly is a healthy lifestyle? What effect does nutrition and exercise have on how you feel? Why is the power of thoughts so strong? This website is my passion. Together with Jenny I like to share tips about a healthy lifestyle. I’m not a doctor, so I can’t give health advice. However, I can give tips on a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. I like to share recipes and also like to try something new in the field of nutrition.