Let’s go for this week’s recipe convenience food: a homemade burger bun with sweet potato fries. With a hamburger bun you can of course go in all directions in the type of burger, the toppings and the sauce. You can read here how I prefer to eat my hamburger sandwich.
Also tasty: pitas with vegetarian gyros
Hamburger sandwich with sweet potato fries
What do you need?
Duration: 30 minutes
- 2 to 4 burgers of your choice. You can choose beef burgers or veggie burgers.
- 2 to 4 soft balls.
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tomato
- iceberg lettuce
- Truffle mayonnaise
- 400 – 600 grams sweet potato fries. You can choose fresh fries for the oven, or from the freezer for the oven or airfryer.
- Optional: cheddar cheese
- Optional: garlic powder, paprika powder, salt
How do you make this delicious recipe?
- Preheat the oven as directed on the sweet potato fries package. Do you use an air fryer? Then preheat the oven to 180 degrees for the hamburger buns.
- If you have fresh sweet potato fries, mix the sweet potato fries with 2 spoons of olive oil, garlic powder, paprika powder and a little salt. Mix it well and divide the sweet potato over a baking tray with baking paper. Bake the oven fries for about 30 minutes, turning the fries regularly.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion and jalapeno into half rings and the tomato and pickle into thin slices.
- Add a dash of olive oil to the pan and fry the onion until light brown.
- Also bake the burgers as indicated on the packaging.
- Meanwhile, cut the balls in half and briefly roast them in the oven.
- When the buns are toasted, you can start building the hamburger bun.
- Apply a little truffle mayonnaise on both sides of the ball. Then put some iceberg lettuce, tomato, pickle and the fried onion on the bun. When the burger is ready, you also put it on the bun.
- When sweet potato fries are ready, divide the fries over the plates. Add another scoop of truffle mayonnaise and enjoy your meal!
Anne’s favorite recipe of the week: gaucamole tacos