It is starting to look more and more like Feyenoord can look forward to collecting a record amount. Everyone knows by now that there is a good chance that Orkun Kökcü will leave De Kuip behind this summer, but the midfielder must cost a lot of money. More than Luis Sinisterra, who transferred to the English Leeds United for 25 million euros.
Orkun Kökcü costs a record amount
According to 1908.nl in Rotterdam-Zuid, they bet on a transfer amount of forty million and that would mean that the current record, held by Sinisterra, would be completely crushed. An asking price is of course not yet a definitive sum of money, but given the alleged interest of Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City, it all seems ‘ to get well’.
In the meantime, there also seems to be some Spanish and Italian interest in Kökcü, so we may expect a real race. In that case, the hope of many Feyenoord fans is of course that the bottom will be taken out. The amounts that arch-rival Ajax has been collecting for its players for years (sometimes good, sometimes less good) is a thorn in the side of many in De Kuip.
At the moment, Feyenoord’s ‘record row’ looks like this:
- Luis Sinisterra – for 25 million euros to Leeds United
- Dirk Kuyt – to Liverpool for 18 million euros
- Rick Karsdorp – for 16 million euros to AS Roma
- Marcos Senesi – for 15 million euros to AFC Bournemouth
- Tyrell Malacia – to Manchester United for 15 million euros
- Terence Kongolo – for 15 million euros to AS Monaco
- Jordy Clasie – for 15 million euros to Southampton
- Royston Drenthe – to Real Madrid for 14 million euros
- Fredrik Aursnes – for 13 million euros to SL Benfica
- Graziano Pelle – to Southampton for 11 million euros
Will Feyenoord win at FC Emmen?
*Odds are subject to change.