Stepping at home is an excellent way to raise your heart rate and exercise your body. Steps come in different sizes and can easily be used to train at home. In this article I give you tips and a workout schedule for steps at home, so that you can train effectively without having to leave the house.
What are home steps?
Home steps are small platforms that are used to get on and descend. They come in a variety of sizes and heights, so you can tailor your workout to your fitness level and goals. Steps are a popular workout tool because they are simple and effective.
Tips for an effective home steps workout
- Start slow: If you’re new to home steps, start slow and gradually work up to a higher intensity. Build up your workout and increase the intensity as your body gets stronger.
- Don’t forget the warm-up: Make sure you always do a good warm-up before you start your home steps workout. This will prevent injuries and prepare your body for the workout.
- Add variety: Regularly change the height of the step and add different exercises to keep your workout varied and to challenge your muscles.
- Get the right form: Make sure you have the right form during the exercises. Keep your back straight and your knees bent to avoid injury.
- Build in regular rest days: Give your body time to recover by building regular rest days into your training schedule.
Home steps workout schedule
Below you will find an example of a home steps workout schedule that you can use to get started.
|Squats with step||10-12||3|
|Lunges with step||10-12||3|
|Jump ups with step||10-12||3|
|Plank with step||30 seconds||3|
|Crunches with step||10-12||3|
Start with a 5-10 minute warm-up before starting your workout. Perform each exercise for the specified number of repetitions and sets. Rest for 30-60 seconds between sets. Perform the exercises with a controlled movement and focus on proper form.
Exercise steps at home
Stepping at home is an effective way to train and strengthen your body at home. By following these tips and using the workout schedule, you can get an effective home step workout and achieve your fitness goals. Start slowly, stay focused and build up your training gradually for best results.