How long have you kissed you foliage? Most of your kisses are probably short and sweet. You rush to work, you are cooking or you are about to go to sleep and give each other a quick kiss. But did you know that a six-second kiss can be the key to a better relationship?
The ‘six second kiss’
Dr. John Gottman came up with the idea. According to him, six seconds is long enough to create a moment of connection with your partner. It puts the busyness in your brain on hold for a while and puts your focus on the moment with your partner. So kissing can be a good exercise in mindfulness. In addition, the kiss is one of the easiest ways to improve your relationship. It is not time consuming and there is no need to talk, listen or solve a problem. It’s just a moment to make physical contact with your partner and feel close to each other.
A six second kiss has more benefits than you think, so let’s get into it.
- It can build a ritual of connection.
- It can provide a better connection.
- It creates a loving feeling and admiration.
- It creates appreciation for your partner.
- You can kiss you foliage appreciate more.
- It creates a strong emotional bond and more trust in each other.
- It can make for a better sex life.
- It gives peace of mind and it is a confirmation of the love you feel for each other.
- It can lower cortisol (the stress hormone) and boost oxytocin (the love hormone).
If you and your partner have two six-second kisses every day, it takes less than ninety seconds a week. You would say that there is hardly an easier way to improve your relationship. So let’s give it a try!
Really: Women are happier with a less handsome guy